March 07, 2008

Talking, Talking, Talking

Carrie has been talking away! Last night, I had her saying baby (and please don't get any wild ideas...no babies on the way). And she knows what a hug is, so if you tell her to give you a hug, she'll run over and throw her arms around your neck. She knows what fish are, and even pointed them out when we went to the ear doctor this week. They had a big aquarium, and she walked over to it and pointed and said, "Fish!" How fun it is!

As I said earlier, we had to visit the ENT this week because Carrie is on her 4th ear infection since having her tubes put in. After Mom tried for about 3 days to get an appointment, we finally got in! Carrie had to have her ears cleaned out, and it was fun at first. They put her into what I would call a straight jacket so she couldn't move (and she was laughing at this point), then used many weird things to get her ears clean. I don't think it hurt her, but was probably very loud and strange sounding and she was a little upset. She did good though, and her cold symptoms were almost completely gone this morning.
We have no exciting plans for the weekend, since the weather may be yucky. We had planned to clean our windows, then open them and air out the house, but it may be too chilly to do either of those things. It's been a little warmer this past week, and many of Mom's flowers have started blooming. I'm posting an older picture of Carrie...the look is pricelss! Check back soon for photos. Until then, take care!


0 comments: