April 29, 2009

Our growing family

Emily Grace has arrived! She was born on April 23 at 11:07 am after a very eventful few weeks. She is doing great despite all we went through. 9 days in the hospital away from my immediate family has made me that much more grateful for them. I know it was rough on Eric while I was gone, but boy am I grateful to be home and relatively healthy, and with a sweet little baby girl who's healthy as well.
I don't remember much about my stay at the hospital immediately after Emily was born, mostly due to the powerful anti-seizure drugs I was on, along with the pain meds as well. I ended up in the Adult ICU for a few days before being moved down to a regular room, and it's probably a good thing I don't remember much about it. I'm thankful for the doctors who took such great care of me and had enough sense to admit me to the hospital instead of sending me back home.
We're all adjusting pretty good for right now. Emily mostly sleeps and eats, and that's about all there is to her day. She has been keeping her eyes open for more time each day, and it's so exciting to see her stare at you when you talk to her. She wasn't eating well at first when we were in the hospital, but after a few changes, she has found her appetite. The pediatrician also thinks maybe she had some of the narcotics I had been given in her system still.
Carrie is doing extremely well with her new little sister. She calls her Baby Emily, and loves to kiss her head. I let her help me hold Emily's bottle for a minute this morning, but we have to work on that a little. It'll come with time. She's a good little helper for me.
Well, enjoy the pics. There will be more to come!

This has been ahrd work Mom. Can we take a nap now?
First hair washing
Mom meeting Emily for the first time.
Me while on the powerful drugs for seizures and blood pressure. Looking a little rough!
Mom and her two awesome girls!
Dad and his newest bundle of joy
Up close and personal - what a face!
healthy lungs
Awesome support

0 comments: